Friday, June 12, 2009

Firefox 3.5 is amazing.

I know my title seems like it's lacking creativity, but I was just being honest. I had to go through 5 minutes of instructions on how to install the firefox 3.5 package for Ubuntu but it wasn't too troublesome. You just needed to goto Mozilla's personal repository and then follow the instructions from there on.

After installing you'll notice not much has change. In fact, everything but the new tab button seems pretty much the same.

But under the hood is where the new firefox 3.5 just shines.

No more render hick-ups, no more rough scrolling, everything is just fast.

Web pages render incredibly fast. And from what I've heard, Firefox implements state of the art standards from the world wide web and is really just a showcase of how powerful the open-source community is.

No comments: